You are here: Home

Welcome to the Free Clinic of Rome

The Free Clinic of Rome is a faith based, community supported non-profit organization whose mission is to serve the Northwest Georgia counties of Floyd, Polk and Chattooga by providing quality healthcare services to uninsured residents who have no access to basic healthcare. Begun in 2003 as an outgrowth of Community Kitchen volunteers at Rome First United Methodist Church, the Clinic originally addressed the acute medical needs of residents of the Salvation Army and people who attended the Community Kitchen. Food provisions were not enough in light of unaddressed healthcare needs of the uninsured.

The early Clinic operated with a volunteer professional staff of several doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and lay persons, seeing patients one night per month at the Salvation Army. Over time, we moved to a suite of offices in the new health department on 12th Street, increased our clinic hours and in June of 2006 the Free Clinic registered as a corporation with the State of Georgia. One year later, in 2007, the Clinic received 501-c-3 non-profit status.

The Clinic is now located at 315 West 10th Street in the old Floyd County Health Department building. The move to a larger medical office space gives the Clinic an opportunity to grow services as the need for uninsured patient care continues. During eight years of serving the healthcare needs of the underserved in our community, the Clinic now offers additional specialty clinics/services for pulmonary care, diabetes management, dental extractions, and is the site for regular eye clinics through the Lighthouse Foundation.

Free Clinic of Rome | Address: 101-B John Maddox Drive Rome, GA 30165 | Phone: 706 234-1331